Raw material and processing capacity
The capacity of your equipments will highly depend on the raw material to process.
How to assess agitation, pumping separation efficiency of your equipments. Experts know that dry matter content, viscosity or fiber contents are not, on their own, enough information to predict the efficiency of an installation.
The experience of large operation in North America contributed to develop an index to classify the raw material to process.
The SLUMP TEST.
- Prepare a 60 cm disc made in wood or other material
- Position this disc above the floor on a hink for example.
- Collect a representative sample of the raw material to analyse
- Poor the raw material in the middle of the disc to cover completely the disc until the raw material is running over every edge.
- Wait for 1 minute
- Measure the height of the raw material in the middle of the disc.
- The measurement in centimeter will give you the slump test index of your material.
- Contact your expert dealer who will be able to assist you in the choice of your equipments.